Monday, March 17, 2014

The Alphabet

February 22, 2014

Events:
Manga Children sang the ABCs
Manga Children "occupation"
Manga eyeglasses
Uno! with Maggie, Brandon, & Alex


Today was the first and only time on this trip that I was able to play with children the way I could on the first trip. We sang the ABCs- which was such an unexpected yet enchanting moment- chills were sent up my spine as I held hands with children whom I had never met- yet somehow been with for what seemed like forever. I think that moment was the highlight of my year- or at least in what I am thinking will be the top-three. And nobody got it on video! Uno! tonight with Brandon turned into Uno! with Brandon, Maggie, and Alex, then just Alex. I don't know how I would spend time in the guest house without Uno! such a simple game means such entertainment when in a third-world-country.

No comments:

Post a Comment