Monday, March 17, 2014

James 4

February 17, 2014

I'm on an airplane at the moment (flying Starbow!) and reading my bible. This verse stuck out to me specifically, and I didn't want to forget about it. It comes from James 4:9-10
     "Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy- humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up in honor"
I sit on this airplane and wonder, do I remorse for the things I have done in this type of severity? Is my sin this big of a deal to me? I should be heartbroken at what I have done, and I am. Yet, at the same time of this heartbroken guilt, I am thankful, and filled with great joy at the thought that after I spit on His perfect face, He takes me back. When I foolishly disrespect Him in such a way that I don't even deserve to dare call myself a "Christian" He takes me back. He always takes me back, wipes away my ashamed tears, and takes me back. His love is perfect, unending, unwavering, and independent. That's the kind of love I need- that is required to even think about calling me a friend of God. And still, I dare to complain when I don't get my way. My heart should never stop thanking Him long enough to even thinking about what I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment