Monday, March 17, 2014

Service under the stars

February 23, 2014
As I look at these Ghanaian stars, I clearly see that all of creation screams and shouts with the same deafening praise to our God that my Ghanaian brothers and sisters did this morning. The billions of stars that I have been so undeserving to have seen tonight, the infinite number of grains of sand and dirt He has so carefully covered this beautiful earth with. All of this earth, all of the singing birds and whispering trees, everything is just a blurry and dirty reflection of His true beauty and wonder. As I look up at the sky, down at the rocks, and around at these beautiful people He has shared with me, I am filled with a strong sense of inadequacy juxtaposed by thankfulness and joy that He wants me to be a very important part of His beautiful plan for this world and His people. He put such grace and detail into everything He touched and touches, knowing that all it will ever be able to give Him back is the same thing, just with an infinite number of scratches, stains, and cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment