Monday, March 17, 2014

Departure!

February 15, 2014

We left for Ghana today... or tomorrow- this flight delay due to the ice in New York is killing me! We've been sitting on an airplane (totally stationary) for over an hour! We left from the church at 7:30 am this morning... wait, I hear engines starting up!... and left for New York at about 1:00 pm. We had a lovely seven-hour layover, and are currently sitting on an airplane... Those engine sounds must have been in my head- because we still are not moving. Anyway, our team for this trip consists of:
Alex M.
Jacob W.
Brandon P.
Todd P.
Janet L.
Karla H.
Maggie H.
and Myself
...Making a grand total of 8. It'll be a 12-day stay here in Ghana- if we ever get out of this airport- so I'm not sure what quite to expect... Goodness gracious! I am convinced that the climate of this airplane is 100 degrees with 100% humidity!
I do not have a lot to say about the spiritual happenings, as the most exciting thing I have done today is play a few rounds of Uno! I can say, however, that our group is very united. Everyone is seeming to get along right now. As I said, we played Uno! for a while in the NY airport, I won one of the five games we played (Alex and Todd tied for first, having 2 wins each). Speaking of him, Alex doesn't seem to be feeling well. I prayed for him, but I am not quite sure how this will all play out... I guess that I should make a list of my hopes/expectations for this upcoming trip:
1) Give myself totally and completely to the people here- not just to my team members.
2) Be patient and flexible with the people and hectic schedule that is to come.
3) Read my bible every morning- regardless of how early our flight takes off, or how late our alarm goes off.
4) Have the same awe, wonder, and reverence towards God that I did the first night I looked up at the stars back on my first trip in 2012.
5) Be patient with EACH of my team members (some more than others...).
6) Really focus on what God says to me- whether it be that still & small voice, or a loud & clearly audible shout.

No comments:

Post a Comment