Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Belizean Church Services

6/14/15
          Church was really nice this morning. It was a small building that reminded me of my grandma's church, but there were very few people present. It was hard to focus on the lesson and sermon due to the pastor's accent and everything that was going through my mind as I was trying to adjust to my surroundings, but I found much joy in the singing. I wish there had been dancing, though! I sand my heart out in English, and found Jesus very present during church, but I didn't get much out of the lesson or sermon. The pastor was really nice, though. I wish I had something more eloquent to say, but I just don't.
          My singing sounded awful--it was not pleasant to the ear during worship, but God found my broken notes and false starts beautiful and lovely regardless. Only a Father could love noises like that! But, I'm glad and amazed at how proud He was to see me singing to Him with a joyful heart and forgetting about the sound coming out for once.
          Oh. I almost forgot--the pastor prayed for those less fortunate than him during the service, and then he thanked God for giving him so much, and he encouraged us to give what we have and simply love Christ's people in harmony. #humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment