Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Writer's Block

6/15/15
          I don't have much to write today; I'm not feeling as 'inspired' as I was in Africa. God is no less present here, though. I feel Him, and He's very clearly blessing this trip, so I'm thankful for all the prayers that He must be hearing from my friends and family back home, and for the blessings He is bestowing. My God is awesome! And He loves me. He loves us. And I'm so thankful that I get to be one of the people who know Him from an early age. Some people don't ever get to even HEAR about Him! And I've been going to church services since I was born, and saying that 'Jesus is my best friend' since I was about 4 years old!
          My mom wrote a pack of mission-related quotes for me to read each day as inspiration or encouragement, and one of them read, "No one has the right to hear the Gospel twice while there remains someone who has not yet heard it once." OUCH! That hits home really hard! I've probably (this is without exaggeration) heard The Good News about Christ at least three times a month (and that's a low estimate) every month, every year, for a whole 16 years and 364 days. That tallies out to about 612 times (3 x 12 x 17) give or take about a hundred. The reality that there are people in earthly conditions FAR worse than my own will ever be who will NEVER hear that Good News is disgusting.
          Jesus really is the solution to every single problem man could ever face. He is a bright light full of joy available to anyone at any time; the giver of ALL good things. And I cannot possibly fathom how anyone could possibly live without Him. I want to sing a song of praise to Him in thanks for letting me be one to know Him for all the days of my life, but I don't think my roommate, Connie would appreciate it. I'm not even going to try to describe Him; He's just too good. Every good thing. Pure. Lovely. I just love Him. And the craziest thing is that He loves me 1 million times more!


Events:
-First day of clinics
-Working in the eyeglass clinic

No comments:

Post a Comment