Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Oh yeah...

6/13/15
          I have been reminded that the reason I came on this trip was to alleviate the pain of those not only in my own lonely condition, but those in situations far worse than any situation I have ever experienced. I am to reach the orphan and the widow--and that requires me to get on their level of need. I'm able to come on this trip to be used by God in the manner in which He chooses; have I any clue of what that is? That would be a big fat "nope".
          I am very willing, but weak. The song Oceans came on the radio earlier and reminded me of this and a few other things that I had forgotten. I forgot who I was, what I do, what I love, whom I love, and who I'm with. I am a willing member of the Body of Christ; connected through Him to all other teenagers on this trip. I do what God tells me; which requires me to die to myself in order to fulfill the commission given to me to tell others about Jesus. I love bringing hope, love, and friendship to the hopeless, unloved, and lonely. I love my Lord, and I love the people in need of Him. I'm with other members of the Body- brothers, sisters, and coheirs to The Kingdom--and most importantly I'm with my God, who remains sovereign over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment