Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Mi decimoséptimo cumpleaños

6/16/15
          Today was interesting... Tiring to the max, but really fun! I got to use my year-old Spanish II skills at the clinic; I'd forgotten how much I love speaking the language! I'm sure my grammar was absolutely terrible, with my vocabulary and grammar-game being so rusty, but I loved it. "Usa el mano y con tres dedos hacer el dirección de la letra E". If someone fluent in Spanish ever reads this journal entry when/if I post it on the Temporary Missionary blog, don't hate on my Spanish. I did the best I could with what vocabulary I could remember. It was great, and I got a lot of jajaja's from the Spanish-speaking population at that church today as I tried to speak their language.
          I met a girl after I had been struggling with a Spanish-only patient. Her name was Jacky, and what a blessing she was! She was bilingual and translated for me! Our 'challenge' today was to show God's love to one specific person, and I decided to try that with her. We never got to talk about anything spiritual, but it was really nice being able to make a friend so quickly.
          It's my 17th birthday today. It doesn't feel like it though. I honestly had forgotten about it until someone in our group told a member of the church we were working at! I guess it just hasn't dawned on me yet. But the youth have been so so kind and inviting to me; the threw me a mini-dinner party and made me a card that most of the group signed... It was really funny, because those who signed wrote a little message with it, and a chaperone wrote "Happy Birthday, Amanda!" in it! We all had a good laugh about poor Elizabeth's mistake, haha. Today was a day full of lots of laughter. I've had a really good birthday, and I feel about 90% part of the ABC youth group.


Events:
-Working eyeglasses in the clinics... en Español.
-Pineapple cake for my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment