Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Chaos in the Clinic.

6/17/15
          I don't really know what to write for today. It was total chaos at the clinic; no space and no matter where I was, I was in someone's way. I was taking blood pressure and checking people in, but there were 4 other people doing the same thing. I met a woman who was experiencing the symptoms of old age, but I don't think she realized that it was just her age. She was concerned about spots on her skin, loss of hearing, and pain in her joints. Such a sweet woman, though. She had a grandchild with her who was 5 years old, but at the age of 2 her lungs had collapsed and she had to have major surgery. I led her to the eyeglass station to get her eyes checked, and Ellen (the woman in charge) asked me to test her and find her glasses. I had the privilege of giving her eye exam and following her through till the end. Her name was Maria. I bonded pretty well with her... I think.
          We visited the Mayan ruins today, too. It was 100x more beautiful in person than on any documentary, video, or photograph. The very top gave the most remarkable view of both Guatemala and Belize.

Events:
-Working intake at the clinics (checking people in and filling out a patient info sheet for the Dr.)
-Mayan ruins

No comments:

Post a Comment