Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I'm discouraged.

6-14-15
          I miss my family. I know it sounds awful, since I'm so lucky to be here, but I want this week to be over already. I don't feel like I fit in here. Don't get me wrong' these people are so kind and extremely hospitable, but they just aren't my people--my people are hundreds of miles away... It's not a social issue, I guess I'm just homesick.
          Belize is strikingly similar to Ghana in the accents, culture/behavior of people, and in the living conditions of the people in cities. Belize is really different in the landscape, methods of ministry, and number of people that I've seen thus far.
          Belize is hot like Ghana, but it's really humid. In the 24+ hours I've been here I've done no mission work, which is different from what I'm used to. I don't feel like I've started my mission trip yet. I don't see any Belizean people either. Everywhere we go I just see trees... no villages, no random clusters of children, no adults lounging around, and no cars. Where is everybody. Wait--it's Sunday. Maybe the idea of a Sabbath is more sacred here than it is in America. I guess Sunday is just another day of the week in the US, but maybe here it's a day of rest and renewal. That's my best guess. Maybe my enthusiasm will be lifted tomorrow when I get to minister via eyeglasses.


Events:
-Church service in Belize (see Belizean Church Service for info)
-Jungle hike and cave tubing!

No comments:

Post a Comment